Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Your Husband Called and Said You Can Buy Anything You Want!

About two years ago, I ventured into a furniture store looking for a new sofa.  When my conversation came to a close with the salesperson, he handed me all of the information on the options I had chosen.  However, in that stack of papers there was a little yellow card that read "Your husband called and said you can buy anything you want."  I found it ironic that he automatically knew that my reasoning for not making a purchase that day was because I needed to discuss the options with my husband.  I'm sure he gets this block to closing a sale fairly often, just like I do in the jewelry business.  Nevertheless, I thought the little saying was clever and funny.... and if only it were true!

Last summer I was casually shopping with a friend when we strolled into Real Deals.  As I made my way to the back of the store, I saw this wonderful green sign resting so peacefully in the corner that read "Your husband called and said you can buy anything you want."  I was so excited that I bought the sign and took it directly to the store even though I had the day off.  All of my coworkers loved it and we placed it directly in our most expensive section of the store, the bridal case.  The sign has served as a great conversation starter and a lot of laughs for customers.  It has even been copied by another jewelry store down the hall that placed little cards with the saying through out their cases.  I guess imitation really is a source of flattery!





No comments:

Post a Comment